I can see “plastic” and “paper” displayed on the container of my beauty product. Why is this?
This is to identify what the container or packaging is made out of. In small letters next to “plastic” and “paper”, you will see the words “sticker”, “bottle” and “cap”, so you know what each part is made from. ""PP” and “PET” are abbreviations referring to resins that are used in beauty product containers and packaging.
In Japan, this way of identifying materials is stipulated by the Containers and Packaging Recycling Law, which was enacted to help consumers better separate their rubbish, and in the cosmetics industry this means that standardised labels are used to show the materials of containers and packaging.
Search by Product Category
Search by Question
- Questions about problems.
- Questions about safety.
- Questions about product usage directions.
- Questions about quality and storage.
- Questions about ingredients.
- Questions about labelling.
- Questions about containers and packaging.
- Questions about environment factors.
- Questions about product function.
- Other questions.
If you cannot find an answer here, you can make an enquiry by clicking the link below.